Only in New Joisey. NJ TRANSIT extorts land from the Mafia, gets sued: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/12/nj-transit-pushes-land-battle-vs-mobsters-kin/
Nov 12 2014 12:27pm from LoanShark @uncnsrd (Uncensored) in Politics &Propaganda>
Only in New Joisey. NJ TRANSIT extorts land from the Mafia, gets sued:
Ya jus' don' mess wid da Family guyz!
'specially Pappa Smurf!!
Genovese guy, eh?
You do NOT get rack space and a connection in *any* NAP site for free
unless you are the ISP that owns the NAP.
The exact terms of their co-lo agreement, including the money part,
may well be confidential. I know that all of *our* co-lo agreements
with our co-lo customers were confidential. We even included a "will
not disclose to law enforcment except on presentation of a warrant
signed by a judge and issued out of a Court of Competent Jurisdiction"
clause. In fact, our collection of Acceptable Use Policies and customer
contracts were judged by the EFF, back in the mid 1990s as "the example
by which all others must be judged."
I do absolutely know that of which I speak on this issue.
They're paying Comcast.
But they didn't want to. They wanted it to be settlement-free: "hey, you bring the customers, we'll bring the content. Win/win!"
From their previous open letters, and from https://openconnect.itp.netflix.com/ where you'll see no mention of settlement, only an open offer to set up settlement-free peering or even settlement-free COLO with their boxes.
Anyway, they lost that negotiation, nuff said. And this discussion still has nothing to do with "net neutrality", which is all about discriminatory traffic shaping, not about how many physical ports are allocated to whom.
Common sense dictates the following:
* No network operator should have its peering arrangements mandated by force of law.
* A network operator which performs discriminatory traffic shaping is no longer a common carrier.
* If you completely block Facebook from time to time, the Internet will be a better place.
Watching the debate over Net Neutrality, being fought between big-government socialists who want the FCC to hyper-regulate the Internet, and big-business fascists who want telcos to be able to abuse their customers even more, makes me think of Henry Kissinger's quip about the Iran-Iraq War many years ago: "It's a pity they can't both lose."
The thing that disappoints me is that Paul Ryan doesn't get it. I was hoping that the true conservatives would understand the difference between *true* net neutrality and a government takeover of the Internet.
1) If you grab for the gun of a cop, your life is forfeit.
2) It is not OK for a cop to use lethal force against the fleeing suspect of a minor offense.
3) Attempted murder of a cop is not a minor offense.
4) Is is never OK for a cop to shoot a surrendering suspect, if that's what happened.
5) Anonymous posting unicorn rainbow JPGs to the hacked Twitter page of the KKK needs to happen more often.
As is usually the case with these things, the guilty party is Al Sharpton.
Like with most things, one must certainly be born with talent...but even when born with talent, one must truly practice hard to achieve such extreme levels of skill.
Someone's posted a video that says they can prove that the shooting wasBy the same people that prove Kennedy was assassinated by shot that came from the top of the twin towers during
from 180 feet away, and not 35. I don't necessairly trust the source
the faked moon landing.
My gut instinct tells me to always choose the opposite side of Al Sharpton... but I don't trust the police side
of the story either.... but Al Sharpton.
If Sharpton reads this, he'll start reverse-psychologizing, you know.
There are four groups of people in Ferguson right now:
1. Legitimate protesters. Peaceful protest is a staple of a free society and should be encouraged.
2. Police. They are largely trying to protect the public.
3. Business owners. All they want is to run their businesses and not get looted.
4. "Community organizers" aka professional troublemakers, who have swooped in and are inciting the other three groups to harm each other. Their objective is to bring about a violent revolution.
Ferguson doesn't have a race problem. It has a liberal socialist problem.
Ferguson doesn't have a race problem. It has a liberal socialist
The same can be said of the entire country.
I would prefer if they indicted the cop who yelled at me because he didn't like the location where I pulled over after getting caught in his speeding trap.
Thu Nov 27 2014 10:26:57 EST from IGnatius T Foobar @ Uncensored
That won't happen.
As pleasant as the thought may be, stupid is not indictable.
If it were, the aftermath would redefine prison overcrowding.
At least here in California.... <evil grin>